I’d almost forgotten that today was Saturday, which generally means a few hours in the studio for me. It was a welcome reprieve after the week of festivities.
I decided to get a head start on my January work: messy play.
I used the same technique on all of these fabrics. I started with lightly dyed fabrics, and applied colour vie paint with a thermofax screen (this initial paint application, when wet, acts as a resist for more paint). Then I used other colours of the same paint to prepare a monoprint on glass, and applied the screenprinted fabric to it.
This is the first time I’d tried this approach, and I am thrilled. I can see room for improvement, as I work with it further, but I am impressed with how easy it is to create complex fabrics this way.
Happy New Year!