Monthly Archives: March 2011

eCraft fabric cutting

I am in love with my new toy, an eCraft cutter from Craftwell.

Other than having to replace the blade it shipped with, to get good cuts, my experience with it has been overwhelmingly positive.

This was my first attempt at cutting fabric. 100% cotton quilting fabric, starched with homemade starch (3/4 tsp cornstarch to 1 cup water). I applied Lite Steam a Seam 2 to the back, removed the paper, and pressed it on a piece of cardstock as a carrier.

I used a pressure setting of 8, with no tabs.

The tree was the smallest size the tree could be cut. One of the branches broke when I removed it – it was not a failure of cutting though, but that the fabric was not stable that thin, and I was impatient.

I am so excited about the opportunities for designing and cutting appliques with it.